As video marketing threatens the e-newsletter, use these tips to review and revise your e-newsletter as part of your marketing mix.
[EasyDNNnewsToken:Left Justify Embed 300 x 250]Projections indicate that by 2017 two-thirds of the world’s mobile data traffic is projected to be video (Cisco), but that doesn’t mean you can’t or shouldn’t continue to use email marketing to its fullest extent. As with any other marketing tool, email marketing is just one tool and appeals to only a portion of your target market, so heed these tips as you start to use email marketing for the first time or you are revising your marketing mix to get the most out of your email list.
Make sure your assumptions are in the right place:
- Know your target market intimately – including when, why, and how they use their email versus other methods of communication
- Always tempt, never force – avoid “automatically adding” all email addresses collected to your email list, especially if you haven’t secure permission; a self-registered subscriber is more likely to stick with you, even if they haven’t actually started service with you
And keep this checklist handy when you write up your next email:
- Use language that makes your email customer feel special – register, exclusive access
- Make it easy to register – most email systems will let you custom create a button to embed onto your website and even one to add to Facebook
- Offer those on your email list early or exclusive access to certain specials – ones you won’t post on Facebook, Twitter or in the newspaper
- Use incentives and bonuses – register for a chance to win a year’s worth of free cleanings in our annual drawing in [month]; share our email with your friends and be entered into a drawing for X (just examples)
Read the full article at MarketingProfs.com.