Households hiring cleaners doubles in 4 years. More than 6 million UK households employing cleaners.
Established and start-up cleaning companies in the UK are enjoying huge growth through increased consumer adoption of home cleaning services as a necessity rather than a luxury.
Compared to 10 years ago, 1 million more households in the UK employ a cleaning service.
Compared to just 5 years ago, the number of households hiring a cleaning service has more than doubled from 12% in 2011 to 28% in 2016.
Some credit the rise and consumer adoption of tech-enabled service booking apps like Handy, Helpling and MoppedUp, all enjoying significantly higher consumer adoption in Europe than in the United States.
More consumers cite the following:
- 3%: a hired cleaner is for people who are lazy
- 5%: a hired cleaner is for people who are rich
- 10%: a cleaner will make me happier
- 12%: a cleaner will reduce my stress levels and the stress of those who haven’t tried one yet
- 43%: will consider a cleaner for the future