Move In Cleanings are one of the most popular and profitable services for many home cleaning companies. This ultimate check list was provided to us by https://cleaningglow.com/. In addition two one time service Cleaning Glow Burlingame, CA offers a variety of services to meet the frequency needs of their customer but their detailed Move In list is included in the article below..
- Look Around The House
It is best to first look around the house before you start cleaning. This may help you identify all the dirty spots that may have gone unnoticed previously. These hidden spots include those behind the couches, under the beds, and behind kitchen appliances.
- Have A Plan Before You Begin Cleaning
Be clear of where to start the cleaning, so that you do not find yourself having to go over the places you have already cleaned to access another place. This, however, depends on the layout of the house.
- Start By Cleaning The Dirtiest Things First
Check out the area behind furniture, inspect the dust vents, and disinfect the bathroom and kitchen before you vacuum and dust the rest of the house.
- The Kitchen
- Disinfect all appliances in the house from the inside out. These include the cooker, oven, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, and other appliances. Remove all shelves and drawers in the fridge, and soak them in warm, soapy water. Then, clean the inside with a sponge and mild cleaning detergent. Leave the door open to dry and put a container of baking soda inside to neutralize the odor in case there is a bad smell.
- Clean all cabinets and drawers.
- Wipe handles, light switches, and all others that are often touched.
- Clean the countertops, sinks, and taps using a disinfectant. Consider replacing faucets in case they are too dirty to clean.
- Vacuum everywhere; look behind as well as under appliances.
- Mop the floor with a cleaning product suitable for tiles and wooden floors.
- Disinfect the toilet seat or change it if necessary.
- Clean the sink, shower, tap, tub, and toilet bowl with disinfectant.
- Clean out mold.
- Wipe mirrors and cabinets.
- Scrub tiles and grout, then rinse them well.
- Clean air vents, if necessary.
- Do not forget to clean up areas that are neglected most of the time. These are the medicine cabinet, the area behind the toilet bowl, and the zone in the shower recess.
- Mop the bathroom floor and leave it to dry.
- Living Room
- Wash the window sills, glass, and tracks.
- Vacuum or steam-clean upholstered furniture and carpets.
- Wipe all places that may seem hard to reach, including shelves, door frames, and the areas behind and under furniture.
- Clean light switches and door handles with disinfectant.
- Clean up the dust on baseboards and light fixtures.
- Vacuum or steam-clean carpets.
- Wipe the inside of the wardrobe and drawers.
- Wash the window sills, glass, and tracks.
- Clean all surfaces with disinfectant.
- Mop the floor, including under the bed and behind furniture.
As part of moving in, there are items that you have to throw away. You may replace them with new ones. These include items like:
- Toilet Seats
For proper hygiene and sanitation, you should get new toilet seats. This will help ensure your toilet seats are free from germs and other bacteria. Cleaning the seats and covers thoroughly will not be worth your time and effort when you can replace them for a worry-free feeling.
It is advisable to get new rugs because the existing ones could harbor microorganisms, which could be a problem in the long run.
- Bathroom Curtains
You can ask your landlord or landlady before moving into the house if the bathroom curtains have been replaced. It is good to replace them because you may have no idea when they were last cleaned and how long they have been hanging there.
It is always wise to bring your cutlery, so you can keep away those that you find or get rid of them altogether.
You can request for a new mattress from the house owner, or clean the ones you find when you move in. It’s best to know you can sleep comfortably without worrying about bed bugs.
- Old Pillows
It is best to throw old pillows away and get new ones.
Despite being considered a stressful event, moving to a new house is a great feeling, especially if it is way better than the one you used to live in. Cleaning the house is key to a fresh start, especially before moving your household items.