Tools and techniques that will help you to focus on and manifest what you truly desire
To download this article as an infographic, click here. You may preview the image by clicking the thumbnail at the bottom of the page.
1. Vision Board – This simple exercise is powerful in bringing forth that which is in your mind and adding a solid visual display to assist in manifesting and attracting what you desire. All it takes is a piece of poster board or a bulletin board, clippings of images and words from magazines, and mindful attention. Place on this board those images that represent that which you desire to attract. Hang the board where you can see it each day and imagine those images, those experiences coming to you. Don’t hold your desire too tight for just like any desire, it needs room to breathe.
2. Visualization Meditation – Take 5 – 15 minutes each day sitting in silence and imagine what your life would be like if you had that which you desire…..but imagine that it is already true, that you already have what you desire. It may feel silly, but “act as if” for if you stay in the “wanting” state of mind, you keep what you desire in the “pending” file. Be committed to imagining and seeing your desires come to you NOW. Breath fully and deeply, visualize with great clarity, experience gratitude, be humble and appreciative and be thankful.
3. Gratitude Journal – Purchase a journal you can keep by your bed and each night – just before you turn out the lights, write down 5 things you are grateful for. Even on the worst day, this is the greatest gift you can give yourself. Gratitude brings forth a full and rich heart and reminds you that you have more than you even realize.
4. Forgiveness– Forgiveness is really for you, not the other guy. When you forgive others, you let go of your grievances that weigh you down and keep you in the past. Let go. Let it be okay to drop the pain you experienced in relation to someone else. Your anger will not affect them. It will only hurt you and keep you stuck while the move forward in their lives.
5. Find a coach to help guide you – None of us go through our lives alone. We grow in life through the influences, guidance and support of others. Find someone to be your champion, your cheerleader, your guide…someone who is truly objective and has the skills to teach you, to guide you, to support you on your path.
6. Spend time with friends and associates that support and encourage your goals – Only share your goals with those who are supportive. Anyone who plays “take-away” with your dreams is not helping you grow. We will experience jealousy and envy in those who are struggling with their own dreams and goals. This is a time to only look to those who are strong enough to support you as they move through their own journey.
7. Give back – Whether it is with your checkbook or your time and skill, it’s good to give and there is no better way to receive, to experience a full heart, to know that we all need help in moving through life.
8. Recommended Reading – While there are MANY books I can suggest, here are a few that I highly recommend in support of changing your focus to attracting an abundant and rewarding life:
a) A New Earth, Eckhart Tolle
b) You Can Heal Your Life, Louise Hay
c) Find Your Own North Star, Martha Beck
d) The Unmistakable Touch of Grace, Cheryl Richardson
e) Creative Visualization, Shakti Gawain
f) Quantum Wellness, Kathy Freston
g) Eat, Pray, Love, Elizabeth Gilbert
h) Changing Your Course, Bob & Melinda Blanchard
Rebecca Spath, CSC, MBP, AHT is a transformational life and wellness coach and Breathwork practitioner. Rebecca works with business owners and entrepreneurs in the greater New York City area through her studio Breathing Room Therapies.