“It’s the job of science to separate truth from claim. And it is good science that will transform the cleaning industry from a trade to a profession.”
House Cleaning Technician certification through IICRC is the right way to set yourself up for success. Next class: April 5-6, 2019. There is a right way to do everything. And the IICRC aims to determine what that is and document, teach, test and certify professional technicians in a variety of fields supporting home and [...]
September 11-14, 2017 Las VegasRegister now for the ISSA/INTERCLEAN Trade Show and ISSA Convention, the one show for facility solutions. Don’t miss out on the biggest event in the industry! Find out more at issa.com/show. http://show.issa.com/
Save the date! IEHA will be headed to Chicago on October 22-28, 2016 for our 50th Conference and Convention held in conjunction with ISSA/INTERCLEAN®.
Westerville, OH — [June 29, 2016] —The International Executive Housekeepers Association (IEHA), a leading non-profit organization providing education and resources to individuals who manage professional cleaning operations, will hold its 50th Conference and Convention on October 22-28, 2016, at the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza in Chicago, IL. Held in conjunction with ISSA/INTERCLEAN, the event will offer attendees exclusive access to an All-Star lineup of speakers and events designed to keep professionals at the top of their cleaning game.
“We held our first convention or ‘congress’ back in 1930, and welcomed Eleanor Roosevelt as our keynote speaker in 1932,” said Lorrie Tripp, IEHA President-Elect and Convention Manager. “Since then, we’ve always hosted a great line-up of speakers who offer information and insights on our profession that you won’t be able to find anywhere else.”
In addition to the 12 hours of education scheduled, IEHA will host several networking and social events, including a welcome party and formal banquet dinner, accompanied by music and dancing. Educational topics will focus on management strategies, leadership techniques and innovative new approaches to common challenges faced by cleaning professionals. Attendees will also have the opportunity to earn their certification through the Professional Educational Credentialing Program (PECP) Boot Camp, held Oct. 21-22.
“Professionals who attend our show regularly tell us that the networking opportunities is one of the primary benefits of attending an IEHA conference,” added Tripp. “The spirit of community and camaraderie felt amongst members and conference attendees is unlike anything you’ve ever experienced. It will open up new doors for employment, help you solve issues and provide you with resources to take the next step in your career.”
Registration packages include entry to IEHA and ISSA educational sessions, entry to the ISSA/INTERCLEAN® tradeshow, keynote address, IEHA Welcome Party, food functions and transportation to and from the convention center (on tradeshow days) from the Holiday Inn-Mart Plaza, commemorative registration bag and gifts.
Join Cleaning Management Institute as we present the CMI Restroom Care Certification Mini Seminar series at ISSA/Interclean Chicago. Each attendee will receive the CMI Restroom Care workbook and access to an online certification exam. Each attendee who successfully passes their exam with an 80% will receive a dual certification from CITS/CMI that is valid for two years.
Session 1 - Friday October 28th from 8:30 am - 9:30 am
Session 2 - Friday October 28th from 11:45 am - 12:45 am
Note: Attendees are required to participate in both sessions.
CMI's Restroom Care Certification Seminar Topics include:
Basic Cleaning ofRestrooms
- Equipment Used in Restroom/Shower Room Maintenance
- Materials for Basic Restroom/Shower Room Maintenance
- Supplies for Basic Restroom/Shower Room Maintenance
- Basic Restroom/Shower Room Maintenance Procedures
- Using a Pressure Washer in Restrooms/ShowerRooms
Join Cleaning Management Institute as we provide a two party series on CMI's Supervisor Certification Course. Each attendee will walk away with their own individual CMI Supervisor Handbook and access to an online exam. Each attendee will be required to complete their exam with a passing score of 80%. Each attendee will receive a dual CITS/CMI certification upon successfully passing their exam.
Part 1 will be on Thursday October 27th from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Part 2 will be on Friday October 28th from 10:45 am-12:45 pm
How to Develop Leadership Qualities in the building services field
- Attitude, motivation, personality types
- Leadership skills, team building activities
- Designing an effective department
- Implementation at your organization
- Dealing with difficult employees
Technical Skills Applicable to the Workplace
- Managing supplies, chemicals and equipment
- Processes, procedures and management controls
- Using technology to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Organizing cleaning assignments for maximum productivity.
- Time Standards, production rates and work loading.
Building Services Operation
- Recruiting and defining the employees with the best fit.
- Hiring, managing employees (both union and non)
- Quality assurance, quality control, testing and prevention
- Staffing, how to schedule and monitor daily/routine, periodic restorative tasks
- TQM/Six Sigman/Continuous Process Improvement
Join Cleaning Management Institute as we present the CMI Carpet Care Certification seminar. Each attendee will receive a CMI Carpet Care workbook and a CITS/CMI dual certification upon a successful completion of an online exam with an 80%.
The CMI Carpet Care Certification seminar topics include:
Basic Cleaning ofCarpeted FloorSurfaces
- Equipment for Basic Carpeted Floor Cleaning
- Materials for Basic Carpeted Floor Cleaning
- Supplies for Basic Carpeted Floor Cleaning
- Basic Procedures for Care of Carpeted Floors
- Soil Control
- Spotting Carpets
- Specific Spotting Recommendations
Advanced Cleaning ofCarpeted Floor Surfaces
- Carpeted Floors
- Chemistry of Carpet Care
- Carpet Spots and Stains
- Advanced Cleaning for Carpeted Floor Surfaces: Equipment
- Advanced Cleaning for Carpeted Floor Surfaces: Materials
- Advanced Cleaning for Carpeted Floor Surfaces: Supplies
- Advanced Cleaning for Carpeted Floor Surfaces: Work Procedures
Cleaning Management Institute presents our CITS verified Hard Floor Care Certification Course. Each attendee will receive a dual certification from CITS/CMI that will be valid for two full years.
The following topics will be discussed within our seminar:
Basic Cleaning of Hard Floor Surfaces
- Equipment for Basic Hard Floor Cleaning
- Materials for Basic Hard Floor Cleaning
- Supplies for Basic Hard Floor Cleaning
- Basic Procedures for Care of Hard Floors
Advanced Cleaning of Hard Floor Surfaces
- Floor Covering Types: A Brief Overview
- The Chemistry of Advanced Floor Cleaning
- The Chemistry of Hard Floor Finishes
- Advanced Cleaning for Hard Floor Surfaces: Equipment
- Advanced Cleaning for Hard Floor Surfaces: Materials
- Advanced Cleaning for Hard Floor Surfaces: Supplies
- Advanced Cleaning for Hard Floor Surfaces: Work Procedures
- Hard Surface Floors Requiring Special Procedures
- Hard Surface Floor Care Problem-Solving Charts
Each attendee will receive a CMI Hard Floor Care workbook and access to an online certification course. Each attendee will be required to pass their online exam with an 80% or higher. Once the attendee successfully passes the online exam, they will receive a dual certification from CMI & CITS.
Accredited Auditing Professional (AAP) is CMI’s newest seminar for the certification and training of in-house service providers, BSCs, and any other industry professionals interested in understanding quality-assurance procedures, such as custodial supervisors, lead workers, and managers; distributor sales reps; and industry consultants. This level of training equips industry professionals with the skills to perform a successful building audit, using the elements and standards of a quality-assurance program.
During this one hour certification course, we will cover such topics as:
- An introduction to customer service
- Who is your customer
- What is your personal image
- Understanding your customer
- Proper communication with your customer
Each attendee will leave our 1 hour seminar with the knowledge to pass their online certification exam at home. Each attendee will receive a CMI/CITS dual certification that is valid for two full years.