ISSA Young Executive Society Program Gets a Makeover
ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, is proud to announce the launch of ISSA Next Gen. This program replaces the previous ISSA Young Executive Society (YES) program.
The goal of ISSA Next Gen is to improve ISSA member benefits and increase participation of young professionals in the association and the industry. ISSA Next Gen is open to all ISSA member company employees under the age of 40 and offers additional opportunities for participation for those over the age of 40.
“ISSA and the ISSA Next Gen committee members are excited to offer this revamped and much-needed program,” says ISSA Marketing Director Priya Ponnuswamy, staff liaison for ISSA Next Gen. “The new program will not only be more inclusive, but it also will partner closely with ISSA Charities and have a greater impact on our industry and the community.”
The new ISSA Next Gen program has a clear-cut vision and strategy for all young industry professionals.
- Two distinct tracks:
- ISSA Young Emerging Leaders for young professionals looking to move up to the next level in their careers
- ISSA Young Executive Development for young professionals who are already in executive roles, looking to round out their leadership skills
- Inclusivity: This new program will be open to all ISSA members and their employees. There will be no separate fee required to be a part of the ISSA Next Gen community effective 2019
- Partnership with ISSA Charities: A big part of ISSA Next Gen’s push will be to support ISSA Charities’ initiatives such as:
- Cleaning for a Reason, providing free home cleaning services to households with a cancer diagnosis
- ISSA Scholars, offering scholarships and internship opportunities to employees and family members of ISSA member companies
- Hygieia Network, empowering women in the cleaning industry through mentorship and leadership training
- ISSA Next Gen Mentors: Creating opportunities for industry professionals over the age of 40 to engage and share their wisdom and experience with young professionals in the ISSA Next Gen program.
Popular past programs, such as the YES Professional Development Workshop, in-person educational sessions and webinars, and complimentary networking events, are being continued under the ISSA Next Gen brand.
ISSA Next Gen Reception
This year, ISSA Next Gen will partner with ISSA Charities and host its annual reception at Topgolf Dallas, during the ISSA Charities Party for a Purpose, Monday, October 29, 2018, 4:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m. This exciting event will kick off ISSA Next Gen and will also serve to forge the program’s support of ISSA Charities initiatives. “ISSA Charities is thrilled to have ISSA Next Gen and its committee supporting our efforts,” says ISSA Charities Executive Director Mike Gies. “We look forward to more opportunities to work together to raise awareness for the causes under the ISSA Charities umbrella and mobilize ISSA members and the industry at large to have a lasting impact.”
The event will recognize this year’s award winners as well as the mentor-mentee teams in the mentorship pilot program launched earlier this year. In addition, the reception will provide a great venue for attendees to:
- Network and connect with peers and industry professionals
- Invite their customers and do business in a relaxed atmosphere
- Enjoy complementary food and drink as well as a game of golf or any of the other games available at the venue
- Learn more about ISSA Next Gen and upcoming events.
About the ISSA Show North America
The award-winning ISSA Show North America brings together executives and leaders from all segments of the cleaning industry. The show offers a global platform for manufacturers, distributors, and facility-service providers in commercial and residential cleaning to connect, do business, and share information. ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, produces ISSA Shows in North America, Mexico, Australia, and others around the world. In addition to the ongoing education and training programs from ISSA, the ISSA Shows also present robust, comprehensive education programs during the shows. For more information, visit www.issa.com/tradeshows.
With more than 9,200 members—including distributors, manufacturers, manufacturer representatives, building service contractors, in-house service providers, residential cleaners, and associated service members—ISSA is the leading trade association for the cleaning industry worldwide. The association is committed to changing the way the world views cleaning by providing its members with the business tools they need to promote cleaning as an investment in human health, the environment, and an improved bottom line. Headquartered in Northbrook, IL, USA, the association has regional offices in Mainz, Germany; Botany, Australia; and Shanghai, China. For more information, visit www.issa.com, join the discussion with ISSA’s LinkedIn group, and follow ISSA on our Facebook page and Twitter account. For more information visit www.issa.com or call 800-225-4772 (North America) or 847-982-0800.
For more information, contact ISSA Global Media Communications Director Lisa Veeck at email@example.com; phone, 800-225-4772.
Cleaning Business Today is a publication of Tom Stewart and Derek Christian, who also partner in Castle Keepers House Cleaning, one of the fastest growing professional house cleaning services in the US.