It’s not uncommon for cleaning contractors to become absorbed with their business; ultimately that can cause problems for both your business and your family. Put your family first.
The purpose of Tornados Business of the Business series is to help building service contractors, as well as other jansan entrepreneurial professionals, run their businesses more effectively and efficiently.
For December, we offer the following ten suggestions that you may want to adopt in the coming new year.
- Thank your staff. This suggestion is at the top of the list for a reason. Your staff represent you and your brand, and without them, you might not have a company at all.
- Don’t ignore problems. Small problems have a way of becoming big problems; deal with them before this happens.
- Know the numbers: Pay very close attention to how much money is coming in, which clients have/have not paid, and how much is going out and when. Cash flow management is one of the keys to a successfully run business.
- Ask for help. Many jansan distributors and even some manufacturers are more than willing to assist you with your cleaning-related challenges.
- Know what you are good at: Because you own the business does not mean you must wear all the hats; focus on what you are best at and have others handle the rest.
- Be peer-friendly. Cleaning contractors often view other contractors as competitors, but very often you can share tips and suggestions with business peers that can help you all succeed.
- Know what size feels right: Very often business owners reach a business size that just “feels right.” This may be based on income, number of clients, or other factors. Find your “feels right” size. You can always get bigger or smaller down the road.
- View the big picture. Pay close attention to the trends of your business to keep it steered in the right direction.
- Stay honest. In business as in life, honesty is always the best policy.
Put family first. It’s not uncommon to become absorbed with your business; ultimately that can cause problems for both your business and your family. Put your family first.
About Tornado Industries, a Tacony Company
Tornado Industries has been engineering quality cleaning equipment for more than 80 years. The company has a long history of developing innovative products and applying the latest technology to increase productivity, reduce costs, and improve safety. Tornado prides itself on always being on the cutting edge of cleaning solutions. Many of the company’s products are manufactured in the United States with domestically and globally sourced parts.
MEDIA CONTACT: ROBERT KRAVITZ
312 880 8176