In 2015, ARCSI revealed the new ARCSI Accredited Residential Cleaning Service Seal of Excellence.
ARCSI’s Residential Cleaning Seal of Excellence is awarded to residential cleaning companies who meet a rigorous set of industry and business standards.
As the not-for-profit international trade association representing the residential cleaning industry, ARCSI believes that in documenting and verifying information before awarding our prestigious seal, we are providing consumers a level of expectation and confidence regarding the professionalism, ethical business practices, and commitment to continuing education from company they are considering giving access to their homes.
To earn the right to display the seal a residential cleaning company provides the following documentation to ARCSI:
- Proof of Insurance, including liability and workers compensation (where required by law)
- Proof that they preform background checks on prospective employees as part of their hiring process.
- Documentation that company has participated in on-going industry and business educational programs in the past year.
- Documentation that the company has been in business at least two (2) years.
In addition, the company ownership and management agrees that they accept and will strive to adhere to the ARCSI Code of Ethics which states the company will:
- Operate constantly in accordance with the best and fully accepted ethical and business practices.
- Comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Provide employees with professional equipment, proper training, and direction.
- Contribute to the overall growth of the industry by being actively involved in activities that will enhance the overall perception of the residential cleaning industry.
- Work to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of customers.
- Provide courteous and prompt handling of all requests and complaints.
- Strive for the continued improvement of the image and reputation of the industry by good business practices and enlightened public service in the community.
Consumers should look for those residential cleaning companies who have earned and proudly display the Residential Cleaning Seal of Excellence.