How to win the battle between having a clean home and having a life.
When it comes to our homes, it seems like many of us feel that there is a constant battle between having a clean home and having a life. So, with that in mind, here are 5 ways to make your home look and feel cleaner.
1. Keep it separated. It helps to designate certain areas as “no junk zones.” The kitchen, living room, dining room, and a guest bathroom are great as these areas. Keeping these rooms tidy means that if last minute guests pop by, you won’t be scrambling to make things presentable.
2. Ditch the extras. There are plenty of people who would benefit from the items that you have lying around the house. This includes all of those “maybe someday I’ll use this again” items. If you haven’t used it in a year or more, it’s time to rehome it.
3. Designate a mail area. Since junk mail seems to come every day, it can really pile up quickly. Set up a station to separate mail immediately as you come in the door, instead of leaving it in a pile. Keep a trashcan, paper shredder, and organizers for bills and important items to make the sorting process quick and painless.
4. Think like a minimalist. You don’t have to get rid of everything in your home; you just need to streamline things. Go through each room in your home and think about what you have out on countertops and coffee tables. If you don’t use it daily or at least a few times a week, find another place for it. Everything that is out is just one more thing that you will collect dust.
5. Hire an Olympia cleaning service. When it comes to easy ways to make your house cleaner, nothing beats sitting back and letting someone else handle the cleaning duties. American Maid, an Olympia maid service, will take care of the dusting, kitchens, bathrooms, and floors. The only thing left to do is enjoy. CLICK HERE to book a clean online now!
When your house looks and feels cleaner, you will be able to enjoy your life without that nagging feeling that someone may drop by unexpectedly. How do you keep your house looking and feeling clean?