It’s hard to believe that the convention is less than 2 months away. I’ve been going to the convention since ARCSI first began – it must be at least a decade now! For the past few years I’ve contemplated whether or not it was a good use of resources. After all – I’ve heard the vast majority of the speakers multiple times, I’m good friends with many of them, and I’ve heard it all by now, right? But every year I go, and every year I’m grateful that I did. Because I ALWAYS come back with something new, something that I may even have known, but never acted upon. I put all my effort into finding THAT thing, or THOSE things that are going to make a difference to my business. Those ideas that are going to keep it fresh, keep ME fresh!
Another one of the ways I get more from the convention is to present on something that I’m passionate about. That means I’m probably talking about employee engagement or customer service – my two passions. Presenting helps me to get more from the convention because I immerse myself in the experience. I’ve been working on our ISSA presentation Customer Types and How to Make Them all Happy for a couple of months already. Just doing my research has shown me new things that I hadn’t thought of before, so we’re less than 2 months out and I’ve already gotten something from the convention!
This year Derek and I may have the presentation that makes it all click for you.
- If you have customers who are ridiculously picky and want to pay less than their monthly coffee budget to have your service - we will show you how to not only get them to be pay more, but also how to complain less!
- If you have customers who try to add on something extra every single time you clean for them - we’ll show you how to turn those people into cash cows FOR your company!
- If you have customers who say everything is “fine” and then hit you with the line “I’ve been unhappy for a while now” – we’ll show you how to handle them while everything is “fine”, so you never hear the other line!
- If you have customers who plan to take advantage of your company before you ever even work for them – we’ll show you how to spot them and turn the tables on them!
- If you have customers who always think “the maid did it” – we’ll show you how to shine the spotlight where it truly belongs!
- If you have customers who treat your technicians with anything but the respect they deserve – we’ll show you how to change their behavior so your Techs enjoy cleaning for them!
- If you have customers who say one thing, but mean something else – we’ll show you how to figure out what they really mean!
- If you have customers – we’ll show you how to make them happy – so YOU can be happy!
See what I did there? Ha! See you soon!
Liz Trotter is founder of American Maid Cleaning as well as an entrepreneur and leadership trainer based in Olympia, Washington. She is also a former ARCSI board member, a partner in Cleaning Business Builders, and a charter member of Cleaning For A Reason.